Did you know that most traditional vitamin companies follow regulations set in the 1980s? This means that many children are consuming supplements that were made based on obsolete data. You might be wondering whether or not your child even needs a daily vitamin if they are already healthy or strong. All human beings need vitamins to continue growing properly throughout their lives, and although most of these vitamins can be found in healthy foods, many of these foods are missing from kids’ daily diets. In this article, we’ll explore the foods many vitamins can be found in, the harmful ingredients in my children’s supplements, and a healthy option for kids vitamins.
What’s Wrong with Traditional Supplements?
Most companies focus on adult supplements and throw together a “child’s vitamin” as an afterthought. We’ve mentioned that they follow regulations set nearly a half-century ago, but the problems go further. Many chewables are covered in sugar and filled with glucose syrup, sucrose, gelatin, and toxic fillers. On top of that, most of these vitamins lack many essential nutrients your child needs, so they do more harm than good. Whatever small amount of nutrition your child might be getting from these gummies is immediately counteracted by all that sugar and synthetic junk that is introduced into their system at the same time. Yuck.
Are There Any Good Kids Vitamins Out There?
Fortunately, yes. There are amazing companies like Hiya Health that have created a healthy chewable for your kids, without any of the toxic stuff. Instead of loading them with unhealthy sugar, Hiya Health uses monk fruit to naturally sweeten its supplements. Hiya Health, which was started by two new dads who wanted to improve the industry, only include the necessary nutrients and take out the rest. Another great thing about this company is that to help boost immunity during COVID-19, they are offering all families 50% off first orders.
What Vitamins Do My Kids Actually Need?
Vitamins allow the body to fulfill the hundreds of tasks necessary to keep your body healthy. Here is a list of the essential vitamins and minerals your child will need as they grow, what jobs they do, and the foods you can find them in.
- Prevents sickness, helps you see, helps cells grow.
- Find it in foods like kale, carrots, and squash.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
- It helps cells grow, gives you energy.
- Find it in foods like seaweed, grains, and legumes.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Improves vision, energy, cell growth.
- Find it in foods like spinach, asparagus, and broccoli.
- Prevents sickness and helps you grow.
- Find it in foods like bananas, chickpeas, and spinach.
- It promotes cell growth and increases energy.
- Find it in foods like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and avocado.
- Immune system and growth.
- Find it in foods like oranges, peppers, and strawberries.
- It helps bones grow and supports the immune system.
- Find it in foods like mushrooms, fish, and oranges.
- Works with the immune system helps the heart and improves vision.
- Find it in foods like avocado, spinach, and almonds.
Vitamin B7 (Biotin)
- Reduces rashes, helps to hear, and improves vision.
- Find it in foods like cauliflower, mushrooms, and avocados.
- It helps bones grow and keeps your teeth healthy.
- Find it in foods like broccoli, collard greens, and kale.
- It helps kids grow, controls obesity.
- Find it in foods like seaweed, fish, and prunes.
- It helps kids grow and reduces sickness.
- Find it in foods like squash, chickpeas, and quinoa.
- It improves brain health, helps kids grow, and protects the body.
- Find it in foods like seeds, brown rice, and mushrooms.
- Improves sleep, decreases growing pains, and reduces anxiety.
- Find it in foods like avocado, spinach, and bananas.
Each of these vitamins plays a crucial role in your health and the health of your child. Whether you are deciding to get these vitamins by sprucing up your child’s diet or by finding a healthy supplement, make sure that you keep this list in mind.